Sunday, August 20, 2006

Highlights of PA - Part II - The Senses











Highlights of PA – PART II
Highlights – The Senses

-- Martin’s BBQ Potato Chips
-- Hershey’s Ice Cream
-- Snyder’s Hard Pretzels
-- Best ever Soft Pretzels
-- Lebanon Bologna
-- Sweet Bologna
-- Homemade Chip Beef gravy
-- Scrapple
-- Fresh corn on the cob and fresh peaches
-- Crab Cakes – Fresh lump crab from Maryland.
-- Country Smells – sweet smell of Fresh made Hay, not so sweet smell of manure and chicken farms
-- Watching the joy on my brother in law’s face as he waxed their new RV Camper
-- Fresh Adams County peaches
-- Sympathizing with my nephew, blisters and bruises from Football Camp
-- Sympathizing with my sister when she was miserable due to neck pain
-- The smell of the basement and the sight of the egg grader that used to be there
-- The smell of the attic and remembering how scared we all were to go up there
-- Seeing my Grandmother when I looked at Great Aunt Dot’s face.
-- Seeing my deceased brother in my niece’s face.
-- Sensing the love all around us – during my whole week stay

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>