Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One Day Closer to Pennsylvania



I am so excited tonight! I have a half day of work tomorrow morning, my suitcase will be in my car, and at noon I will be off to Hudson, to visit our daughter and family and Thursday morning, very, very early, she or my son in law will drive me to the Mpls. airport to board a plane for Pennsylvania. By 1 pm our time, noon their time I will have arrived in Harrisburg, 45 minutes from the farm I grew up on. I am pretty much packed, a few last minute things to throw in tomorrow morning. My sister called last night, she is taking some time off her job while I'm there, and she is excited to see me. Talked to my brother last weekend, who moved into the farm house, he and his family are anxious to see me. My cousin is picking me up at the airport because she's leaving to go out of town for a week on Friday morn, and she said that way she can see me. Isn't it wonderful to know you are loved so much, and that everyone is anxious to see you. That is the reception I always get when I go home, it's good for ones' self esteem to know that you are loved.

Had lunch with son Scott today, he's been busy umpiring at night and weekends, Eastern Little League, so haven't seen him for a good two weeks. I wanted to be sure to see him before leaving town. He is leaving also tomorrow morning for Chicago, he and his boss will be driving there (long drive) for a trade show. I so much wanted to kiss him goodbye when he dropped me back to my office, but thought better of it there on Michigan Street .. didn't want to embarrass him, but after we both wished each other good trips, I did tell him that I loved
him and he told me "I love you Mom".

Yep...I'm sure looking forward to NOON tomorrow. If I get a chance I will write you from hot
southeastern PA (but remember, I told you they know how to handle the heat!)

I got my very short haircut for the PA heat. My husband said it is too short... I told him,
yeah, it is a bit shorter than I really wanted, but "hey, it will be cool"! (And it will grow out).

Talk to you later. Have a great week and a half!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

Yes, Linda, it will grow back! Have a wonderful time with your PA family!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>