Saturday, August 19, 2006

Highlights: Pennsylvania - Part I

Thrills:

-- Thrill of seeing the Susquehanna River from the air and knowing I was almost “home”.
-- Thrill of the airplane landing gear preparing to land
-- Thrill of seeing my cousin, who picked me up at the airport! Lunch with her.
-- Thrill of seeing each of my siblings - first time in a year!
-- Thrill of every view I looked at, with eyes of appreciation. I never realized how beautiful this area of the country was when I was growing up.
-- Enjoying the views of the farm fields full of corn and soybeans
-- Seeing the mountains in the background of every view
-- Seeing my home I grew up in being re-furbished to reflect the colonial days that it was built in. The joy of knowing my brother and his family are living in our farm house, and knowing that they love being there.
-- Knowing the farm is still in our family.
-- Knowing my youngest brother is farming Dad’s farm. Hearing from him that he LOVES farming the land!
-- The beautiful view of corn, soybeans and freshly made hay on the farm.
-- Driving through the fruit orchards of Adams County, on our way to visit an Aunt and Uncle in Carlise.
-- The thrill of the apple orchards full of apples hanging on the trees.

Fellowship, Family, Love:

-- The family wedding celebration of my youngest cousin’s marriage. Visiting with her and getting to know her husband. The fun of a family party.
-- Great visits with my Aunts, Uncles and cousins.
-- Seeing the new bride hold her 5 week old niece. The love of a sister who drove from Virginia with 3 small children, alone!
-- Seeing grandnieces and nepews and children of cousins - all under age 5.
-- Getting a big hug from my 5 year old grand nephew, without asking for it.
-- Visiting with 4 - Second-Cousins and a Great Aunt that I haven’t seen in over 40 years, (except for my parents funerals).
-- Sharing that visit with my younger sister, who really doesn't remember them like I do. Hearing from my sister that she really enjoyed the visit with them.
-- Spending more time with 3 of my nieces, than I’ve ever spent before.
-- Hearing from one of my nieces, who drove quite a way to see me on her day off work, that she will “always make time for family”.
-- The LOVE I saw in every family members face.
-- The LOVE conveyed to me.


Stay tuned for more Highlights on tomorrow's Post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>