Sunday, July 30, 2006

Record Broke in Duluth

I haven’t written all week because it’s been too hot in our house. We don’t have an air conditioner; we have fans that we have been using to try to cool us. It was in the 90’s just about all week and on Friday the temperature downtown hit 102degrees. It was 100 on the temperature in my car, showing the outside temperature on my way home on Friday evening. I’ve not been liking the heat and humidity…it doesn’t agree with me. Friday’s temperature broke a record. This is also the 3rd hottest July in Duluth’s history, and the 9th driest July. Yes, we are also having a drought. If the farms in the southern Minnesota don’t soon get rain, their crops will be jeopardized.

Yesterday it finally cooled off … the temperature in the afternoon was 77 and the humidity was down to 43%. What a relief! Last night we got some substantial rain, and thunderstorms through this morning. I haven’t heard how much we got, but I know it will be a big help. The northern forests have been having fires due to the dryness, and all the green is looking brown these days.

Today is much more comfortable, we will have to enjoy it while we have it, because tomorrow’s high is to be 95 again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>