Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Tribute to a Friend

In Loving Memory of Blanche

Yesterday my husband and I joined a church full of friends and family in tribute to our friend Blanche who passed away on Wednesday. She was a wonderful friend, loved by everyone who knew her. She fought a hard battle with the big C, and she didn’t let it get her down. She was very strong and very brave in her battle. It was because of her faith, her husband, and her family, that she was able to fight for 3 years and it was a good fight. She always said, even when she knew she would eventually lose her battle, that she was not afraid to die, she just wanted to put it off as long as possible, and that she did. Her friends and family all had the time to visit her and to say their goodbyes. I’m glad I visited with her two times in the last month, but regret that the week before last, when I was planning to stop to see her, that I didn’t, next thing I knew she was much worse. I didn’t see her the last few days of her life, but I know we said our goodbyes on my last visit, and she knew how much I loved her. I felt the last few days, belonged to her family. She passed away peacefully, as her sister was reading to her from the book of Psalms.

A few weeks ago, her family hosted a Wedding Anniversary Party and Birthday Party for her (they both fell on the same day) and LeRoy. Early in their marriage, her husband underwent a heart transplant, and Blanche stood by him through his health struggles, and now, he has stood by her in her struggles. They had a wonderful party, she was her usual cheerful, funny and lovely self that day. We will remember her that way, and remember the courage and faith that she had these last 3 years. We will all miss her and keep her in our hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>