Saturday, August 05, 2006

Weekend at Last!

Oh my, it has been a long week at work this week. The days seemed to go unusually slow. It wasn’t because I wasn’t busy, I was very busy, as usual. Maybe it was because I knew that after noon on Wednesday of next week, I will be on vacation! I’m getting very antsy for my trip home to Pennsylvania next Thursday. I will spend this weekend getting ready to be gone … figuring out what I’m going to pack, getting things caught up at the house. I am trying to finish writing my thank you notes to all who supported me in our Relay For Life event. I am also writing thank you’s to my wonderful team members, I hope to finish them this weekend. I want everyone who donated to me, and gave us help in our fundraisers to know that they are appreciated, and that I appreciated the commitment the team members had to the relay.

It hasn’t been as hot the last few days, but it’s been very muggy. The mornings have been nice though, and we’ve been able to sleep at night. Last evening we had a rain fall that didn’t even last 10 minutes. We’ve been getting some rain like this off and on, and we really need it. This morning is 67 degrees and cloudy. It feels great, however it's to get into the high 80's. Maybe our 90 plus temps are over now. I hope so.

Well, if I'm going to accomplish some things today, I'd better get started!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lois said...

My cousin Dorothy who lives in southern Wisconsin wrote to tell me that she had participated in their Relay. Small town of 2000 folks. I shared your "Success Story" with her and she really enjoyed getting to read your blog.
You and your team and the rest of the Duluth folks really did great! I am so proud of your efforts. Wish I could do more --years ago I could have walked for hours.
Missed you Sunday but understand the need to get ready for travel. Have a wonderful time!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>