Sunday, July 23, 2006

Highlights of the Week

-- The Duluth Relay For Life event raises over $100,000!
-- Our Hope UMC Relay Team raises over $7,000 toward the event!
-- Excitement from my team members for next years event
-- Wrapping up 4 area Relay’s at my job
-- Relaxing and meaningful supper with my UMC Covenant Group at
Sara's Table Restaurant.
-- Relaxing supper with my husband at air-conditioned Applebees,
during the heat wave
-- Lunch with my son Scott
-- Visiting on the telephone with my daughter
-- My decision to make a trip to Pennsylvania to be with my family
for a wedding celebration next month. Looking forward to seeing everyone!
-- Hearing from my relatives that they are excited about my coming
home for a visit (I feel so loved!)
-- Making arrangements with a second cousin, to get together with my
Mother’s cousins that I haven’t seen in over 40 years or more
(except briefly at my Mother's funeral)when I go home
-- Lunch with two great Relay For Life volunteers and friends
-- Cooler weather yesterday and today
-- Sunday worship at Hope UMC outside on the parking lot,
with trees and sky for the backdrop. The Scripture and sermon text
was about Jesus feeding the 5,000. Pastor Michelle reminding us that
Jesus takes what we give to make miracles. (The little boy who gave
the loaves and fishes).
-- 5 loaves and 2 fishes divided into baskets and passed to the
congregation, symbolic of the Sermon on the Mount feeding
-- Great music at the worship service, including two of my very favorite hymns.
-- My best friend, who I missed while they were in Florida, returning home
today, and visiting with her about their trip
-- Our house being cool and comfortable!
-- Knowing I'm part of a loving family and faith community
Life is Good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a joyous blog! It was a joy to read.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>