Thursday, December 13, 2007

Deeply Rooted


38th Wedding Anniversary

Today Bob and I celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. Thirty-eight years! We were married on Saturday evening, December 13th in East Berlin, PA and December 16th, Tuesday, 9:30 pm, we arrived in Duluth, Minnesota. I’ve been here ever since! I realized a day or so after, that I had never been away from home at Christmas and I cried and cried. I missed my family so much! As you know by now, dear reader, I am the oldest of six children and the first to move away from home (and really, the only one that ever did leave the area). Even though I was a new bride, that first Christmas was a hard one for me. My Mother always told me that when I had children, I would put down roots here and then I’d get over my home-sickness. It took many years, but she was right. (As she always was!) Three children later, the roots started to take, and now after 38 years, I am well rooted in Duluth, Minnesota!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Linda and Bob.

Catharine

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>