Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Weather Advice: Get Home and Stay Home


More snow today! The prediction was to be 2 – 4 inches, but the system changed its course and has hit us, now the prediction is 8 – 16 inches, and it’s to snow through the evening to midnight.

Fortunately for our office, we have a compassionate leader who knows that everyone in our office either has to, "drive up over the hills to get home, or go across the high bridge to Superior." So, by 2:15 our office was declared closed, and those that hadn’t left earlier, were out of there. I got home around 3, driving very slowly and carefully (I didn’t take 21st Ave. this time). There are cancellations galore listed on TV and radio for closings for tonight. At 3:30 one of the TV weathermen came on and made the statement: “Get Home and Stay Home”. I thought that was a good thing to say. I was glad I was home.

I'm not completely relaxed though, because I'm a Mother. As a Mother, I worry about Rob getting home, and worry about Dawn getting home from her long commute in city traffic in snow. Also, worry about Scott, out driving today. He now drives for Frito Lay Co., making sales and deliveries, this will be his first winter working at this job, so now I have to worry about him driving in this stuff! I talked to Sarah and asked her where Scott is working today, some days he works as far away as Ashland, or the Northern suburbs of Mpls. or up North on the “Iron Range”. He’s working in Duluth today, so I will be calling after a while to see that he got home safely.

I just heard on the news that they have closed both bridges that cross our bay to Superior, WI. They will be stopping the busses at 6 pm.

I’m home and planning to stay home! I hope you all got home safely too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>