Friday, August 25, 2006

Dust If You Must

I should be cleaning my house for company tomorrow morning, but it's been a gloomy, cloudy day, and dark early tonight, so that doesn't exactly put one in the mood to clean house. Actually Bob keeps it tidy, but thought I should scrub the bathroom and kitchen floor, but don't think it will happen. I also haven't dusted in a while and feel that I really should do that. Of course, I think of the "Dust if you Must" poem, and then think is dusting really necessary...ha ha. Why do I feel I "should" clean tonight? Well, I put myself into one of those situations that I haven't put myself in for years, and am wondering WHY did I did that? You know those "parties" that we women book from our friends to "help" them out...
well, in a weak moment in June I booked a "jewelery party". I'm not one to go and buy jewelery, so thought it would be a opportunity to get some "free" accessories to spark up my dreary wardrobe. I postponed my date 3 different times. When I set this date, I thought a Sat. morn. would be easier to get ready for than an evening one....I could do a little each evening of the week to get the house "ready"...yeah, right...what was I thinking?!!! Not!
After setting this date, I found out that our daughter was not having the family birthday party for our granddaughter on the weekend I thought she would, but on THIS weekend! So, I did not have the nerve to change the date one more time, she said she'd have the party late afternoon, early evening. That means, after entertaining, I will jump in the car with Rob and Bob and head to Hudson for Madelyn's 6th Birthday Party.

I need to make something to serve, either tonight or first thing in the morning. I just came back from the local store with some things needed to bake, I think I know what I will make. It's already after 7:30, I have a feeling I will get up at 5:30 tomorrow morning to ready for the 10 am "party".

I do know one reason, probably the main reason, that most of us women book these parties. It seems our lives are so busy, and we really do want to entertain our friends, but unless we book a party like this, we rarely do make dates to entertain. This is an easy way to entertain and to visit with friends that we don't see too often. Now, if we could get over the feelings that we always have that we must have "perfect houses", and serve the "perfect food", we would really enjoy these parties! Once everyone is here, I will try not to worry about what I didn't get done, and I will enjoy being with the friends that I invited.

Then I will enjoy our visit in Hudson and celebrating Madelyn's 6th Birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>