Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fun with Madelyn




Our daughter, Dawn and Granddaughter Madelyn are visiting this weekend from Hudson, WI. Dawn came up to visit with a group of her high school friends from out of town, that come to town on Grandma's weekend in June. "Grandma's", meaning Grandma's Marathon which happens every June in Duluth, MN! They are at Grandma's tents in Canal Park tonight having fun. Us "oldsters" don't go down there, as we leave the fun to the young ones!

Madelyn and I went to see a movie tonight. There were three that were appropriate for her to see, and she already saw two of them. Grandma hadn't seen any. I let her choose, and I thought she'd choose the one she hadn't seen...but no, so chose one she already saw, said she wanted to see it again because it was so good. Boy, was she right. I'm glad she chose it. It was very good and charming and darn cute! It was animated, but not the cartoon way, that my generation grew up with. The movie was "UP" Ed Asner was the voice of the lead character. We really enjoyed it.

After the movie we stopped at Dairy Queen and had a treat, that was after she ate almost the whole container of the LARGE popcorn! I couldn't believe it, it cost me more to buy her candy, pop and the popcorn and a water for myself than it cost for us to get into the movie! Isn't that awful!

We've been looking at pictures since we came home. As you know, I've been "working on and going through" old photos these days, so have them in the dining room where she saw them. We had fun looking, and she is still looking because I can't get her to go to bed. She says she's "not tired". I thought I would post this blog and let her enjoy the photos a bit more and then try to get her to bed.

Can't believe the beautiful day we've had here. When we came out of the movie at 9:30 it was still 72 degrees. I think this is the first warm evening we've had! I think the girls will stay at the tents quite awhile tonight, since the cold won't be driving them home, as it often does! I'm hoping our daughter has a good time, she deserves it!

Now, to get Madelyn to bed! It's been fun hanging out with my Granddaughter, Maddy!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>