Monday, May 25, 2009

Good Weekend....

"Got Photos?"

PHOTOS .... PHOTOS.....PHOTOS......PHOTOS....PHOTOS....PHOTOS....EVERYWHERE!
MUST GET THEM ORGANIZED!!!!! 39 years worth!!!!

Well, our family went no where this weekend, except to the cemetery. The kids were all doing their own things, and our son worked most of the weekend. But, I had a good weekend, even though I didn't see anyone or visit anyone or had fun with anyone. I totally relaxed on my day off on Friday, so that by Saturday I actually had energy to do some extra things around the house.... scrubbed the bathroom really well, went through clothing, cleaned some areas that needed attention. Today I had a choice between doing more cleaning, working on a "catch all" room upstairs, or working some more on photos that I have had sitting in a huge pile in the dining room corner, and with trying to work on them at different times that corner grew into practically the whole side of the room and was looking pretty darn bad! So, I started at 6:30 this morning and worked on photos most of the day! I ripped apart about 10 albums that had gotten yellow pages and took them all out, so that I can sort through and work on putting a nice book together for each of our kids and grandchildren. I also want to pick the best of each child's life time and scan them to get them on cd's. I know this is going to be a big venture, and as one of my friends once said "Linda, this is a job for your retirement years, not now"....but...what happens if I don't make it to retirement... (well, you never know...and I know I will be working for quite a while yet)... I just know that no one in my family treasures these photos like I do, and I am so afraid they would get thrown away...so I HAVE to get them organized.... those 10 albums only were up to our youngest son's 3rd birthday.... what about all the years after that....they are in RUBBERMAID bins upstairs....MANY rubbermaid bins...so you see this is just a START...I've been putzing around with this project for 3 winters now... and I must get moving and get these done so I can dig into the BINS!

PS....if anyone has done a project like this and has any tips....I would love to hear them!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>