Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to....Northern Lights Team

Oh dear, after such a nice weekend away from the work place, my husband just commented to me that it will be hard for me to go back to work tomorrow. Yeah, he would say that....the retired guy that doesn't have to worry about doing extra things on the days off, getting up every Monday morning knowing there are 5 days before the next time off.... yes, he is right. It WILL be hard for me to go back tomorrow. It seems that I have heard a lot of women in these last two years tell me that they are still working while their husbands are retired at home. This seems to be a babyboomer thing. Why are so many women still employed while the men are home playing? I'll tell you why..... a major thing in life these days .... we women are still working so that we have health insurance!!!! Yep, that's exactly why we are still working!

I thought that perhaps you would like to see who I work with and for. I have posted our team photo.. Our Northern Lights team met half way in Bemidji on Thursday to get together for a face to face meeting. Usually we meet each Thursday morning, via conference call. Our meeting on Thursday was led by one of our HR trainers and it was a workshop on "Being Productive at your job". It was nice to see three of the girls that I do work for, via e mail, phone calls... job orders. One is in the western part of the state up toward Moorhead, one is in the Bemidji area, and the other is in the Brainerd area. Then there are 3 in our Duluth office that I work for. So...I work for 6 very busy staff that plan events for raising income to support our programs, and to provide education and research, to kick cancer in the butt! Tina alone has 6 Relay For Life events in the next 2 weekends. My life is going to be no less hectic these next 3 months as they were these last three! I hope and pray that I survive this summer!

PS.. At least with the three day holiday I feel that I actually got some things accomplished this weekend, compared to some weekends, and even got some relaxing time in....See posts below) AND I updated my Blog!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>