Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Which Tudor Queen are you like"??


A few months ago I joined "Facebook". Many of my younger friends and family are on Facebook and would rather communicate through it, rather than e mail, or reading blogs. I don't like it as much as blogging. But, it has some interesting aspects, and I like reading the thoughts others have and updates on what they are doing. One thing fun to do is quizs they have for people to take. You can choose to put the results online or not. Most of the time I don't. But the quizs are interesting. One I took was "what kind of Mother are you", and the answer was June Cleaver (from Leave it to Beaver, you know)...well, June Cleaver I certainly never was. I noted many people got that answer and they all disputed it also. I wasted some time this afternoon taking some of the quizs. Two were most interesting, especially the one that was called "What is your Temperament". I think that one hit the nail on the head and was pretty accurate. (See post below). Another was "Which wife of Henry VIII would you be?"
Since I have been watching the Showtime series about the Tudors of England the last 3 seasons, and have had an interest in the Tudors time, I thought I would take that quiz. I knew before I took it that I wouldn't be Anne Boylen...ha ha, but wasn't sure which one I would be like. Well, the answer was Catherine of Parr. Since Catherine was the King's last wife, and the Tudors series hasn't reached her yet (we are only on Anne of Cleaves) I didn't know much about Catherine. So, of course I had to do some searching on the internet, to see if facebook's description of her fit the history facts. It did.
This is what Facebook said:
"Linda just took the "Which wife of Henry VIII are you?" quiz and the result is Catherine Parr.
You are practical, intelligent and not afraid to stand up for what you truly believe. You are Catherine Parr, Henry VIII's 6th and final wife who survived him. Catherine was a tactful wife and companion who could not resist provoking Henry with arguments on theology-- a dangerous business in the 16th century. She managed to dodge arrest by Henry's "thought police" and outlived him."

This is what Luminarium Encyclopedia on my Google Search said: (it also said that her first name has been spelled with both a C and a K, depending...)

"Queen Katherine Parr was the only one of Henry VIII's wives to have survived him. She also has the questionable distinction of being England's most-married Queen. All who knew her praised her for her learning, her character, her godliness, gentleness and charity. She had great talent as a writer, and had she lived two hundred years later, she may have been a formidable presence. Yet perhaps her most lasting legacy was her shaping and nurturing of the learning and character of the little girl who would bring England to another Golden Age: the girl who would become Queen Elizabeth I. " -Luminarium Encyclopedia

I guess from what I have read of all his wives, that I'm happy that I am like Catherine Parr! (AND, she outlived him!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>