Sunday, January 04, 2009

Seven Pounds

No, seven pounds is not how much weight I gained over the holidays. If you wonder how I'm doing in that area, suffice it to say that the last two months have been a constant, daily struggle for me, it's been hard. I'm on a weight plateau, that I can't get under, I just continue to play with 3-6 pounds, up and down and up and down. I hope with the new year, I finally get UNDER the plateau weight, so I can finally get on the downward spiral once again.

The "Seven Pounds" I'm referring to is Will Smith's new movie by that name. I just read my friends blog, and she saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", and that reminded me that on New Year's Eve, Bob and I went to an early matinee. We chose between Benjamin and Seven Pounds, and I noticed that Benjamin was 2 1/2 hours long, and I thought if it was not good, my husband would have not been happy with me to sit through such a long movie. She reported that it was very good, so we will have to go see it.

We would highly recommend "Seven Pounds", we both really felt it was a very good movie, well done, and the story was well, you can't really explain what it's about, you really just have to see it! It's sort of a "mystery", Will Smith does a tremendous job. Take it in, if you can before the Academy Awards, because I am sure both it and Benjamin will be up for awards! Anyone see
"Doubt" yet, with Meryl Streep? That looks interesting too. For months there are no movies out that look worthwhile seeing, then all at once a bunch of them come out.

Speaking of movies, I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening watching movies on our cable stations. Two very good romantic comedy type movies and then one called "Then and Now" which was about 4 girls growing up in a neighborhood. Reminded me of the girls that grew up in our neighborhood with our daughter in the 70's. This took place in the 70's too.

Earlier today I watched the Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer old movie that she won an academy award for..."Gaslight". It was fun to see it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>