Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy Anniversary 39 Years!

By the way... if I would have been blogging in December, I would have told you that Bob and I celebrated our 39th Wedding Anniversary on December 13th. We are still waiting for a weekend that isn't snowy or below zero (ha ha) to go out to dinner to celebrate! My husband gave me a beautiful gift for our anniversary - a gold necklace chain that will enable me to wear a beautiful "Black Hills Gold" pendant that I received in Dec. 1978 when I left the bank, it was a goodbye gift given me by my friends there, and a few years later the chain broke. I haven't worn it in over 20 some years.

Last Christmas he gave me a necklace, with a gold chain and beautiful aqua marine stone, and he noticed this fall that I was interchanging the two pendants, so he got me a new necklace chain, so I wouldn't have to interchange anymore...isn't that sweet?! Now I have two very nice necklaces, that I wear pretty regularly.

We did not do Christmas gifts at all this year, since we have to save money to attend a wedding in Mexico in April....

I don't think I wrote that our son is getting married IN MEXICO... so that trip will be "our Christmas present" ha ha.

No Christmas gifts, so it was a nice surprise to get an Anniversary Gift, and something so special!


This photo was taken in 1969 at the wedding of one of our friends. Remember when women wore hats on their heads?!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>