Saturday, January 03, 2009

Baby of the family - Grown!


The baby of our family (he's used to me calling him "my baby") just turned 27 in December. We can't believe it. He was our Christmas baby, born December 11th. Our boy is getting married in April of this new year! He and Sarah have been going together for almost 9 years, so we pretty much knew a wedding was coming sometime. They finally got engaged a year ago in October. We were happy to see that engagement ring on her finger, especially since they built a house together the winter before! They have a beautiful home, both have good jobs, and now it's time. It seems the young now a days are doing everything backwards, from what their parents did!

I don't think I wrote about this yet, but they have decided to have a "destination" wedding. I've heard that it is quite common amongst the young today, to get married somewhere other than their hometown. They will be married at a Riveria Maya resort near Cancun, Mexico. Bob and I have never been to Mexico, but I guess we will be going in April. We bought our tickets back in July and have till the beginning of March to finish paying for the air/hotel "wedding" package. Our son, Rob will also be going. While I know it is their wedding and their decision, we can't help but be disappointed that it will only be shared by those that spend the $$ to attend, which from our family won't be many. I believe his sister will be there, but since it's an adults only resort, our 8 year old Granddaughter will not be there, nor our Grandson.

Posted is a photo of our youngest, and a photo of him when he was a baby, with Bob's Auntie Mae, who was the family babysitter and love of all family babies. She never married, but was the best "Mother" to every child. She spent a lot of time with all of our children, and they were the love of her life. Bob's Mother worked at FW Woolworth when he was growing up, and his three Aunties were like Mothers to him, so when he had children, it was just the natural thing for them all to take over loving and caring for our babies. Since my Mother and Grandmothers lived 1200 miles away, I was always thankful that my children had such loving aunties and Grandmother Pugliese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>