Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Last of Christmas '08







Today I put away the Christmas decorations except one of our Nativity Sets. I am leaving it up through next weekend, which is Ephiphany. (The Wise Men's Visit to the Stable).
I don't have as many as I used to have when our kids were growing up. If the Grandchildren were here over the holidays then I would continue to go all out, but since they are not here, and we go down there, it doesn't seem that important to me anymore. It's not that I'm "ba humbug", it's just that I don't have the energy I used to have. We also do not put lights outside as we did in years past. Somedays I wish we did, when I drive by the neighborhoods and see the lights, but then, again, I would need energy to do that. Hey, maybe when I'm retired! I think of all the things I'm going to do when I'm "retired"... I hope it comes soon!

Here are some outside photos from our neighborhood, I was hoping these photos would come out better, maybe I don't know the best way to take them... but know that to see them in real life is much prettier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>