Friday, January 02, 2009

Do You Remember the Junior Bankers?

Speaking of the bank that I used to work at (Northern City) on Wednesday afternoon I stopped up at the Trust Dept. of the bank (which after some mergers and name changes is now US BANK and is the same building that I work at now), to wish one of their employees a good retirement. I think now, that she is the last employee that worked at that bank, who was working there when I started in 1971! I've watched them retire one by one, those that hung in there after all these years. She was a young gal at the time (but older than me) she looked very young in 1971. They had a program called "Junior Bankers", and once a year the bank held a party for all Junior Savers, and Judy was the Junior Banker Lady, she was in charge of that program, and I told her I remembered her getting up on the stage at the Auditorium and welcoming all the Junior Bankers! I remember how good she was with the children. She should have had a house full of kids. Judy has spent her life working for the bank, having moved to the Trust Dept. from the Savings Dept., long after the Junior Banking program was gone. Judy never married, however, a few years ago she kind of "adopted" took under her wing a little toddler who needed some extra tender loving care. She has been like a Mother to this boy, and he is now 10. She is looking forward to being able to spend more time with him now that she is retired. God does have special callings for each of us, and her helping Michael, I believe was her calling. She has also been an inspiration to all her co/workers and friends. We have a big window from the hall and she would wave when she'd walk by, and often stopped to say hello, and always was good at cheering me up, if she saw I was down. I told her to please keep in touch, because she has become a special friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>