Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rose

Rose passed away Tuesday afternoon, January 20th. Her niece and I were holding her hand when she passed, and it was a peaceful passing. I was with her from 9:30 am on, and we shared the Presidential Inauguration covering. She was unresponsive, but I talked with her, telling her who was coming to the capitol, what the women were wearing, etc. I kissed her on her forehead and told her "your President is taking his oath of office now", when he took his oath. I like to believe that she heard everthing I said those last 3 days. We had her funeral on Monday and it was lovely. I read this scripture at the service and my husband spoke about Rose in relation to her life and our family. He did a good job and the priest, Father Tom, did a beautiful eulogy. The service was at St. Peter's Catholic Church, Duluth, where she was a life long member. The Ladies Guild from there gave a very nice reception after in her honor. It was a very cold, sub-zero day, but the sun was shining so brightly that it matched the up-beat service. It was a Catholic, high mass with lots of beautiful music also.

This scripture reading is a bit more modern than the version I am used to, but I like it. I am posting it for you.

A Reading from the Book of Ecclesiates

There is a season for everything, a time for every occupation under heaven:
A time for giving birth,
a time for dying;
a time for planting,
a time for uprooting what has been planted.

A time for killing,
a time for healing;
a time for knocking down,
a time for building.

A time for tears,
a time for laughter;
a time for mourning,
a time for dancing.

A time for throwing stones away,
a time for gathering them;
a time for embracing,
a time to refrain from embracing.

A time for searching,
a time for losing;
a time for keeping,
a time for discarding.

A time for tearing,
a time for sewing;
a time for keeping silent,
a time for speaking.

A time for loving,
a time for hating;
a time for war,
a time for peace.

The Word of The Lord. Thanks Be To God

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>