Friday, January 02, 2009

New Year - Start the "Clicking" Habit

It's a NEW YEAR! I thought I would start the year right by getting into the habit of clicking on the Hunger Site (and all the other sites tied in with it, Breast Cancer, rain forest, children, literacy, etc.) every day from home. I am in the habit of doing it daily at my work computer, as I have signed up for an e mail reminder there, and when I get my e mail, I can just click on it from the e mail, it only takes a minute, and it does so much good! I hope you will get in the habit of clicking each day. If you want an e mail reminder, you can sign up for it, think I will do that for my home computer since many days I do forget.

In case you aren't sure what I'm talking about, I have a link to the site on my blog, just click on it. You will find information on the home page about it, and you will see the other sites that also give money with clicks across the top. I click each one. Here is what I copied this evening from the home page, telling about it:

THE HUNGER WEB SITE:

"The Hunger Site was founded to focus the power of the Internet on a specific humanitarian need: the eradication of world hunger. Since its launch in June 1999, the site has established itself as a leader in online activism, helping to feed the world's hungry. On average, over 220,000 individuals from around the world visit the site each day to click the yellow "Click Here to Give - it's FREE" button. To date, more than 300 million visitors have given more than 500 million cups of staple food.
The staple food funded by clicks at The Hunger Site is paid for by site sponsors and distributed to those in need by Mercy Corps and Feeding America (formerly America's Second Harvest) . 100% of sponsor advertising fees goes to our charitable partners. Funds are split between these organizations and go to the aid of hungry people in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America."

It goes on to tell more and also gives hunger facts, and tells how much food was given this past year.

Sometimes I shop from the site too, gotten some good things and I'm helping toward feeding the hungry with the shopping.

Start the year by clicking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>