Saturday, December 20, 2008

Trouble Comes in Three's

Solvay Hospice House, Duluth, MN
First of Three's:

My husband Bob’s cousin (Rose) landed in the hospital and was diagnosed with terminal, inoperable cancer. Chemotherapy was not recommended, as the doctor said it would be too hard on her body, and that the time it gave her wouldn’t be worth the torture it would put her through. She was moved to hospice. It has not been spoken, but we all know people are not moved into hospice unless they have less than 6 months to live. It took her and all of us a long while to wrap our thoughts around that fact. I helped her niece to clean out her apartment. She is in the Solvay Hospice Home, which was just built a year ago, it is tucked into a beautiful wooded area, right in the city, but it looks like you are out in the country. It is a beautiful place, and if I were near the end of my life, it’s where I would like to be. The staff there are wonderful, very efficient, caring and compassionate. Bob and I spend a lot of time visiting with her, between the two of us almost daily, between him going to visit during the day, and me on the evening that he doesn’t see her during the day.
(PS... it has been so long since I posted, I just now realized that my last post in early November told you about Bob's cousin...sorry for the duplication...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>