Saturday, December 20, 2008

Losing a Sibling

The Second Thing:
In early November, we lost my husband’s only sibling. His sister, Carmella passed away. She has been ill off and on all this past year, but we certainly didn’t expect her to die. She passed peacefully away after falling into a coma when she was in the hospital. Her husband told us that we need to be thankful that we had her for 11 years longer than if she had not had a heart transplant 11 years ago.

My husband and our daughter went to California for her Memorial Service the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Carmella and her husband lived in California all of our married lives. However, I was able to get to know her well, because we visited her in Los Angeles for two weeks in 1979, and from 1989 on, we joined them many times in Las Vegas, as they liked to vacation there, and it was our way of visiting with them. We had many wonderful visits together and good memories of our times together in Las Vegas. They also visited us August before last, when they came to Duluth to attend her 50th class reunion. She will be missed by us all!

Bob said he feels really lost and alone now, with his Mother and his only sister gone. I know how he feels, I lost a brother, but I still have my 4 brothers and sister left. It’s got to be hard for him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>