Sunday, October 12, 2008

PA Nieces, Nephews and Cousins

Our niece and her husbands beautiful home built last winter and spring. Note that the home is made to look like the old farm houses from the area, using stone that looks authentic. Of course, this home has all the modern conveniences. The views from the windows all overlook woods and nature, and the run that flows by the house (photo below). There are two staircases, at each end of the upstairs hall because Matt said all old homes had two staircases.


This home and lot is so beautiful. My niece and her husband are very fortunate to have a home like this at such a young age. They have been planning it though for at least 5 years, Matt told me that he and his Dad worked for 5 years to clear the land!

I regret that I didn’t get to see many of my nieces and nephews, but did see some. I spent time with Lisa, and Mitchell who still live with their parents. I also visited with nephew Ryan in his new home he recently purchased, and with niece Angela and her family, in the new home they just built last spring. (see photos above) All of my nieces and nephews now are out of high school, Mitchell just graduating his past spring. I can’t believe they could all be grown up already!!!! Lisa and her fiancé are getting married the day after Christmas, ’09. That will probably be either my ’09 trip home or my ’10 trip. Some of my nieces and nephews have children, and of all of those children, I only saw Annie.

One of my cousins lives just up the road from the farm. One afternoon I stopped to visit her at their home. She and my cousin Bev were the only 1st cousins that I saw this time. When you have a huge family, you just can’t see everyone on a one week visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>