Monday, November 03, 2008

Where Did October Go?

Wow, I thought that September went fast. October went even faster. It was a beautiful month here in Duluth, MN. The fall colors on the trees were beautiful. We had some unusually warm days for October, and though we did have some sunless, wet days...we were treated to a good share of warm sunny days too.

It was nice to have an extension of Daylight Savings Time too. It was really hard to turn the clocks back on Saturday night and know that it would now be dark when we got up in the mornings AND dark when we came home from work in the evenings! Tonight was not only dark, it was also a foggy night. It wasn't fun driving home....I felt like I had to drive extra slow and extra careful with not being used to driving in the dark very much, especially at 5 pm!

I was visiting our daughter and her family from Thursday afternoon until Saturday evening. I had planned to leave Hudson around 2:30 or 3 to come home, but you guessed it.... I didn't leave there until 5:30! I had a good visit. Dawn and I were disappointed, we had tickets to see Celine Dion in concert at the Target Center on Thursday night, but we got word late Wed. afternoon that she was ill with a respiratory condition and had to take time off per her Doctor's orders. She will be back in February, so the concert was just postponed, not cancelled. Now, we have to waiti till Feb. to see her. The tickets were my birthday present from my daughter....nice gift! I was so excited when she told me.

Dawn still wanted me to come down, so I did. I saw the Granddaughter dress up like a witch, for her halloween party on Friday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>