Sunday, October 12, 2008

Aunts and Uncles - Mom's side



My sister and I visited Aunt Mae and Uncle Gilbert, and Aunt Elizabeth, the only aunts and uncle left on my Mother’s side of the family. Uncle Gilbert, age 85 is in stage 4 kidney failure, but you’d never know it by looking at him. He looks real good. He is still active as a retired pastor, doing weddings and funerals, and when we arrived, he was in the middle of writing a commentary on his computer on a book that he had just read. He is very busy! Aunt Mae says that she believes that as long as he is doing The Lord’s work, that The Lord will keep him here, so she “prays everyday for work for him!”

Aunt Elizabeth moved into a new home, she wanted me to see, that I didn’t see last visit. So, she had me there for brunch, and one of her daughters joined us, Bev. I was not able to see Bev last time, so it was great to be with her. Aunt Liz is doing well and is happy in her smaller home. She lost Uncle John, (my Mother's brother) at age 62, because he did not take care of himself. He had diabetes very badly, but did not follow the guidelines for a diabetic, that he should have. She and my Mother always said there was no reason for him to die that young, had he taken care of himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>