Saturday, December 20, 2008

Best Birthday Gift Ever


My birthday was in September. On Thursday night I got my present from our daughter. I told her it was the very best present I ever got in my life! (She told me about the gift on my birthday in Sept.) She bought tickets for her and I to attend the Celin Dion “World Tour” concert in Minneapolis in October. Unfortunately, Celin got ill and had to postpone her concert to December 18. So, I took Thursday and yesterday off of work and I drove to Hudson, for her and I to attend the concert. It was absolutely wonderful, fantastic, beautiful, really good! She sure did put on a great show. Her voice is really something, and she is truly a great entertainer. I know how expensive those tickets were for Dawn, and we weren’t even seated close, but it was worth every penny, anyone spent for the tickets. It was held in the Target Center in downtown Mpls. I have never attended anything there. I could not believe that all the years that center has been there, that they haven’t figured a better way to handle getting all the people in and out of that place! **It was a real zoo before and after, but we felt the concert was worth all the hassle of getting in and out. We were parked on the 5th floor of the parking ramp, and we sat there in our car for over an hour, before the line to go down the ramp moved an inch. We were a good hour and a half just getting out of the ramp and out to the freeway to come back to Hudson!
Thank you Dawn for a wonderful Birthday gift! It was a fun night!
** We were among 16,000 people - that's a lot of people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>