Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finding the Christmas Spirit

This past week I was busy every evening working on the one thing that really puts me into the Christmas spirit. My Christmas cards! I usually send out about 100 of them. Each year I think I will cut the list down, but then I look over it, and I just can’t bring myself to take anyone off my list. It’s my way of keeping in touch with all those that I love. Most of them go out of town, back east to my relatives and friends. But, I do like to send in town ones to those that we don’t see very often.

I usually write a Christmas Letter that tells what has been going on with our family throughout the past year. This year I didn’t get that done. I decided instead to do photo cards, since its been a long time since I have done that. I have to say that I got carried away. I ordered them “on line” through Walgreens. I did one set that had a photo of all my aunts and uncles on my Dad’s side that was taken when I had lunch with them on my Pennsylvania visit in September. I wanted to send them to my cousins, so they would all have a picture of the aunts and uncles. Then I did a set with my grandchildren on, to send to the aunts and uncles. Of course there weren’t enough to send then to my friends, so I had to do more and put on photos of the grandchildren during their Nutcracker performance early in the month. Our Grandson was the Nutcracker Prince, and Madelyn was one of the children. Then, I had another idea. I had some very old photos that I had put on a cd of Bob’s family. I made a set with those photos on, and sent to his relatives. In all, I did 5 different photo cards, and everyone got a photo card! It still left me short of cards to give to some of my best friends that I see all the time, that I’d like to give to…maybe I will be making one more set!

So, now I have cards in the mail, now I can think of decorating the house. I know, I know, Christmas is just days away…so I guess I should be doing that this afternoon!

The Christmas Shopping stress was taken off of me (I’m not much of a shopper, so it is a stressor for me)… when our family decided that due to the economy and most of us not having money, that we would only buy for the children this year. Our children now are adults, so that means we only have to buy for the Grandchildren, and we just have two of them. I have already shopped for Madelyn, and will be getting gift cards for gas and food for the 19 year old “child”…I can’t not buy something for him… and money is what he will need more than anything.

The Christmas gift that my husband, our grown children and myself will be the tickets we have to finish paying for to go to Mexico for our youngest son’s wedding in April. We figure that has to be our Christmas gift this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>