Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cookies

In years past, I used to love to bake Christmas cookies.

I cannot bake Christmas cookies this year. Much as I want to, cookies are one of my downfalls, when it comes to temptations during diets. Yes, I am still doing well with my eating healthy, in case you were wondering. I did have a little set back when fall came, and our weather changed. I was having a terrible time not craving the sweets and especially chocolate. But, I think I have now surpassed it, as the last two weeks I am doing much better. Because of the set back, I quickly went up a few pounds, and for about two months I have been playing the up and down game between 6 pounds. I can’t seem to get under my plateau weight, but at least now, I’m back down to it, and I have to keep up, so I can get under it! This means, I cannot bake Christmas cookies, as I will want to eat them! I always make nut goodie bars to take to our daughter’s on Christmas Eve, and I told her I would not be doing that this year. She said that would be fine because she is trying to lose weight too.

Today our son asked if I would help him make 22 dozen dipped Christmas shaped pretzels, we dipped them in melted white chocolate. We did about half of them, then later today or tomorrow we will do the dark chocolate ones. He told me he wanted to take part in the cookie exchange they were doing at this place of employment, so that he could get Christmas cookies, since Mom wasn’t making any! He chose dipped pretzels, as he figured they would be the easiest for “a bachelor to make”!

I’m glad that so many of my office co/workers are watching their weight. Because of that, no one brought any Christmas cookies or treats into the office. Next week they might, but I will be on vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>