Sunday, March 23, 2008

White Easter 2008

Protestant Duluthians went to Easter Sunday Services this morning in the snow. I slid down Woodland Avenue for the 8 am service at 7:30, the plow hadn't been out yet. The snow was supposed to come yesterday afternoon, but it waited until early this morning to start. Luckily the temperature today was in the 20 and 30's, so after the plows came out, the roads stayed mostly just wet. We got about 3 inches before it stopped this afternoon.

We really shouldn't complain because the Twin Cities areas got snow on Friday, some places up to 8 inches! Well, as we all know Easter is extremely early this year, so guess we shouldn't have been surprised to see the snow this morning.

My husband is still sick, so no company today. I did make ham and some (not all) the trimmings, since to me it's not Easter without Ham. Ham is my favorite meat. Also made my warm sweetened rice that my Mother always made as a side dish on Easter. (Put cinnamon on top of it). Then, you always make extra, so that the next day you can have "Glorified Rice", with whipped cream, marachino cherries and crushed pineapple (this you eat cold). We are having a "potluck" luncheon tomorrow at the office, so I am bringing my Glorified Rice, and also a plate of ham.

Hope you all had a Happy Easter and remember this:

Christ Has Risen -- Christ Has Risen Indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>