Thursday, March 20, 2008

Maundy Thursday

This is Holy Week. Easter is very early this year, and I think that I read somewhere it won't be this early for another 90 years.

Today is Maundy Thursday. Tomorrow is Good Friday. This time of year one of my Jewish friends always asks me questions about our Christian traditions of this week. We always get into a good discussion. Yesterday at the office I heard someone remark "What is Maundy Thursday anyway?" I used the opportunity to explain to her and one other co/worker who was there, exactly what Maundy Thursday is, and why we Christians commemorate it. One was Catholic and the other was Lutheran, and they were both surprised (as was I) that they didn't know about it. Both of them are much younger than me, I don't know if that's why, but I was glad I could give them the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>