Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lovely Morning - Winter Wonderland in Duluth

Yesterday morning we heard the forecast for snow to come during the day and maybe have 4 – 8 inches by Tuesday morning. In Duluth, we are so sick of winter and snow by March, that a snow forecast makes us feel weary, unless we remind ourselves that when we get snow in March it usually doesn’t stay very long, even if it is a huge snowfall. Last evening the snow was falling, but the temperatures were mild. This morning we had a few inches over the hill here, but the temperature was 33, so the roads on the way to work were not bad at all. When I looked out our window into the back yard the scene was so gorgeous! Snow covering all the trees, everything so beautiful, and on the way to work, I just really enjoyed looking at all the landscape the snow covering everything fresh and white and the trees just loaded with the snow, looking so beautiful. I was sure wishing that I had left the house earlier so that I would have had time to take photos of the landscape. I knew by the time I came home all the snow from the trees would be melted, and I was right. It stopped snowing around mid morning…. things just looked wet on the way home, not like the wonderland we had this morning.

The beauty of a March snow: warm enough to go out and enjoy it, if you have the time, and easier driving than the snow in Jan. or February. We just need to get through March. Spring is trying to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>