Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hey...he's taking a Day Off

Last week I had the second half of the cold...and didn't feel too good all week. All I have left of it this week is the cough, which I've heard from many people, doesn't go away for quite a while. I dragged myself to work each day, but crashed each night. I was reading a good book, and on the nights that my head wasn't pounding, I read my book before going to bed early. It's one of those big fat books...over 650 pages. (read my post about the book titled "Boleyn Girl"

My husband now has the second round of this nasty cold and cough. He had a miserable couple of nights, and this morning, he was ready to jump out of bed again, as always and get ready to head to the Fitness Center, as he does 7 mornings a week. I told him that he should go back to bed and give his body a break... I said "don't you think your body might need rest, with this cold you have"? He finally listened to me, he went back to bed. He didn't go to the center today. He is still coughing and blowing his nose tonight, but I hope the day of rest helped him. I don't know if I can convince him to rest again tomorrow, but sometimes you need to take a day off and nurse your cold. I wish I could make him understand that. I told him "you're retired, you don't need to worry about sick days like I do"!

I'm not retired, I have to push myself along each day when I have a cold. But, if I see it's not getting better, and I'm really miserable, I'm not afraid to take a sick day IF I feel I have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>