Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Whirlwind

This week is a whirlwind. I haven't had time to write. I'm getting ready for our Duluth Annual Relay For Life, personally getting my team together that I captain for Hope UMC, and it is also busy time at the job helping the staff that head up three relays being held this Friday night. The Duluth Community Relay For Life is Friday night, and also the Superior and the Carlton County Relays are held on Friday night.

Last year our Relay team at Hope UMC raised over $7500! We have been working this year, but didn’t have as many fundraising events this year as last, so not sure we will reach the 7500 level this year. But, we’ll see. I had a team meeting last night, but not everyone was able to be there.

If any of my readers have donated to our relay team or to any relay team, I want to thank you for your support. Relay For Life brings together millions of people throughout the U. S. to raise money to help prevent cancer, save lives and diminish suffering from the disease. While raising much needed funds, relay also raises awareness of cancer prevention, early detection, treatment and patient support. It also honors all those that are presently fighting cancer and those that have survived cancer.

Yesterday Duluth had a whirlwind of weather – lots of wind. The high winds took down trees and power lines. Some neighborhoods were out of power until 10 pm last night. Our area was not hit with power outage, but our neighbor across the street had a tree come down onto their sun porch.

So, a “whirlwind” week in more ways than one. (writing this on my lunch hour...now I need to get outside and get some fresh air! It has finally cooled off yesterday and today, 70's, much better temperature for my body to handle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>