Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July 2007

Fourth of July in Duluth, MN - (photos by Jonathan Lund) "Fourth Fest"

I thought we would be going to the Bayfront last night to watch the Duluth fireworks display. I thought we would be taking our Granddaughter, Maddy. Our plans got changed.

Our son in law had yesterday off. He was planning to work on a project that he had going on at their home. When he heard how nice our weather was to be, he decided that he would drive up to Duluth yesterday morning to spend the day at his friend’s cabin at a lake outside of town. I think it really was because he was lonely at home alone without his wife and kids since Friday! Madelyn and I met Scott’s girlfriend Sarah and her Mother for breakfast at Bridgeman’s at 10. When we returned, Maddy was surprised to see her Dad (he wanted to surprise her). Off she went with Dad to the lake! They didn’t come home until almost midnight. My guys all went golfing, 18 holes at 1 pm, so Grandma had the whole afternoon to herself to relax and rest up! I had a lot of fun with Coco. I took her for some walks. Sat on the porch on our beautiful day, it was too hot on the deck. The temperature reached over 80 degrees, and very sunny. I caught up on some reading. It was a great afternoon. The guys grilled steak in the evening and it was a relaxing 4th of July. I watched fireworks and listened to the Boston Pops 4th music.

Skylar left Las Vegas this evening with his instructors, on a flight to Mpls., and then on to New York City for their dance workshop. Dawn is in Las Vegas alone tonight, however tomorrow morning Bob has the Champion flight to Las Vegas, (he’s the pilot) he stays there until taking the red eye back late tomorrow night. He will join Dawn and they will spend the day in Vegas together and she will fly home with him. I think after a week of Las Vegas heat, and sitting by the pool in the heat, our daughter will be happy to see Hudson, WI!! Yesterday it was 128 degrees in Vegas. I heard on the weather this morning that at 6 am in Vegas it was already 93 degrees! (By the way, our daughter does not care for gambling. She said the first time and last time she played was the other evening, a $5 roll of nickels and $1.00 in quarters. In a matter of minutes her $6 was gone, she said that was all that the Vegas slots were going to get from her!) I know how she feels, the last time we were in Vegas, I spent a whole $10 on the slot machines. She and I are smart, we’d rather spend our money on other things.

Bob and I have been to Vegas a few times because his sister lives in LA, and they love to go to Vegas. They hate coming to Minnesota, so we have met them in Vegas a few times, so that we can visit with them. My husband would go every year if I’d agree, but I have told him I’m sick of vacations to Las Vegas and that there are other places I want to go, so now it’s been awhile since we were there. If I could have taken the whole time off this past week while Maddy was here, I would have sent him along with Dawn and Skylar.

Our son in law had today off, so he took Maddy back home with him, and tomorrow she will spend the day with her River Falls Grandparents, while he works. So, this morning before going to work, I had to say goodbye to “our girls”. It was as hard to say goodbye to Coco as it was to say goodbye to Maddy. We sure did have a good time with them both. AND, this evening, I was missing both of them very much! Now I will have time to develop the photos I took this week. I'll post them when I get them back.

I'm debating tonight whether I should take my 1/2 day vacation tomorrow afternoon now, or if I should work, and save it for another time. We are to have another beautiful day tomorrow, in a way it would be nice to have the time off, but in another way, it would be a good day to work because there are only 3 of us working tomorrow, so the office will be nice and quiet, and not such a hectic work day. Ummm... maybe I'll make my decision tomorrow morning when I'm at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>