Tuesday, July 03, 2007

More Fun with Grandma and Grandpa




Day 4 of Madelyn's Visit:
--Morning walk with Grandpa on the Lakewalk from the Rose Garden to Canal Park.
--Lunch with Grandpa – Sammy’s Pizza Buffet lunch. Grandpa reports that he got his money's worth at the buffet, she ate a lot.
--Visit Uncle Rob at work – he wanted to show off Madelyn and Coco to his co/workers
--A walk around Central High School, to look at the view, but there was none because the lakefront was fogged in. (I had hoped it would have cleared by then, but it hadn’t). Took a photo of her and Coco, in front of the school, by the time she is high school age, this building will no longer be there, if the Red Plan is completed.
--A visit to the Beauty School to have her hair styled…oh, my did the stylist do a lovely job. She put it up, and then had some curls cascading down … it was beautiful. For so long she was in the "princess" phase. I found out tonight that she is now out of that phase. The neighbor lady told her she looked like a "princess", and she informed us that she doesn't like princesses anymore. So, she revised her adjective to "sophisicated", Maddy liked that word.
--When I got home from my 5:15 covenant group, Grandpa told me that she was at the local playground with two neighbor girls. When she came home I was so disappointed with her hair…all the curls were gone, I had to say “What happened to your hair”? (I will try not to think "money down the drain") Oh well, she enjoyed getting it done, and it was pretty for a time, and thankfully, I took a picture or two before I left for my meeting.
-- Tonight a second phone call for the day from her Dad. He is lonley, he's not working today and he misses Madelyn.
-- Tonight, also the second phone call from Madelyn's Mom. She misses her too. This afternoon she was on the search at the shopping centers for some piece of clothing that Skylar needed for his dancing. Tonight at 8:45 their time, he has his solo dance performance.
-- Now she is busy playing a game with Uncle Rob. I need to remind her that it is bedtime. Coco is fast alseep on Bob's lap on the big chair, and Bob is sleeping too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>