Friday, July 06, 2007

Beautiful Day - 85 Degrees - Low Humidity!



Photos by Jonathan Lund

Oh, what a beautiful day we have in Duluth! O. K., so I had to take advantage of it and yes, I did use my scheduled half day off. It was 70 degrees on my drive to work, and 85 degrees coming home at 1. Tomorrow the temperature is to go into the 90’s with more humidity.

My husband and son stained our cedar porch this morning, so when I came home, I did all of the railings. It was warm, but there was a lovely breeze out front, our front porch is shady. When I moved to the back deck in full sun, to do railings there, it was much hotter. Then I came inside with a glass of ice tea and the ceiling fan on high, and relaxed. Tonight Bob and I are going to the Outback Restaurant when he comes back from golfing.

I called Dawn, but there was no answer on her cell phone, so she and Bob must be having a good day together in the heat of Las Vegas. (They are probably by the pool… her husband, in all the years he flies to Las Vegas for his job, has yet to put one coin in the slot machines!) I heard on the news that the heat is so bad in Vegas that the transformers are going out, boy that will be bad for the strip hotels, and the poor residents!

I wonder how our Grandson Skylar is doing in New York! They were going to rest and relax today (hopefully do some sight seeing) then tomorrow morning their workshops start. Read below how he did in the Nationals in Vegas. Wow, are we proud of him! I believe that a career in the theater or dance may be in his future! Maybe some day we will see him perform in New York! We just wish we had known about his talent earlier than a year and a half ago! But, we are thankful that he did find his passion! Some wait years before finding it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>