Monday, July 02, 2007

Rainy Day with Grandma


Well, the weatherman was right this time. We did get rain, and it rained on and off all day today. The plan that Grandpa had for Madelyn this morning had to be stratched, he was taking her to Canal Park and the Lakewalk. Instead, he took her to Perkins, (her favorite restaurant) for breakfast. Then they hung around home together, and I hear from Grandpa that she was quite the helper to him as he did laundry and tidying up the house. Then Grandma came home from work at 12:30. Grandma had a few "rainy day" plans up her sleeve, so she knew exactly what they would do today. Thanks to one of my friends (thanks Becca), a really good plan was added to the rainy day list, and Grandma chose it. We went to the "Pottery Burn", a place hat I didn't even know about until Becca told me. It's a ceramic place where you paint your own ceramics or pottery. You paint, they glaze. I let Maddy choose what she wanted to paint. She wanted to do a ceramic dog, for herself, and a photo frame to give to her Mother. Grandma painted a butterfly. Since with ceramics you must paint three coats, it did use up most of the afternoon. We had a good time, Madelyn loved the painting, and thought it was a cool thing to do!

We had tacos for supper. Our friends Sharon and Jerry came over this evening to visit Maddy and Coco. Games with Uncle Rob, playtime with Coco, and another day was done.

Weather's not looking good for tomorrow either, so I will pull another rainy day activity from my sleeve for us tomorrow afternoon. I think Grandpa's taking her to the mall in the morning, and I'll join them for lunch. Then it will be Grandma and Madelyn off for another afternoon of fun!
http://www.thepotteryburn.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>