Friday, July 27, 2007

More Comfortable

We had our July heat wave this week. It has been a hot one. And another week has gone by.
It was a busy one at work. This week I was glad to be in the air-conditioned office. The evenings were so oppressive with the heat and humidity we had this week. Today it finally got better. The temperature is still up, but the humidity is down, and boy can we tell the difference! It feels so much better in the house this evening. I slept the last three nights with a fan blowing over our bed. At this time of the year when we get our July "heat wave" I go back to my running argument with my husband about getting a window air-conditioner. He thinks we don't need one, I think we do. I'm the one that gets miserable, he can handle the heat and humidity, I can't. When we get weather like this it reminds me so much of Pennsylvania summers. When I came home last night, the humidity in the house, oh my…our house even smelled like the farm house when I was growing up…yep…I told Bob, when he asked about the smell as he came in the house, that's "humidity smell"! It’s hard to feel like doing anything when it’s hot and humid. So, of course, I didn’t get much done this week at home in the evenings! I'm much more comfortable tonight! Now, it is to be comfortable this weekend, with the humidity coming back next week again...oh no. The end of next week Bob's sister from CA and cousin from AZ will be coming in for their class reunion. They won't think our heat and humidity is bad...they are used to high temps (well, maybe not the humidity).

I’m excited about tomorrow. Our Grandson, Skylar is coming to town tomorrow morning. I bought tickets to see our local playhouse production of the Broadway show “CATS”, with Skylar in mind…when I called to tell him I had a ticket for him to see the show with me if he could come up, he was excited. Yes, he did want to see it. He asked if I could get another for his friend to come along…so the three of us will be seeing CATS tomorrow night. It got a very good review on it’s opening last week, and one of my friends saw it last Saturday night and said it was just fabulous! It will be the first I’ve seen him since his return from Las Vegas and New York City. I’m anxious to hear all about his experiences there. When I talked to him on the phone after coming back from New York, he told me he would really love to live in New York City someday. He would like to be a Choreographer. Yep, someday we may be going to New York to watch his work or to watch him dance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>