Sunday, July 29, 2007

Duluth Playhouse Presents "CATS"


So, last night Skylar, Matt and I went to see the Playhouse's production of Broadway's longest running musical "CATS". I have never seen it. Didn't know anything about it except for the song "Memory". I knew Skylar would love it since he's a dancer, and so I invited him up to see it with me. The three of us really did enjoy it. It was so well done, the costumes, the singing and the dancing were all very professional. We were impressed! It was a fun evening. The "kitty cats" greeted us all as we were coming in, and they roamed around the audience before the show. Very cute. The News Tribune gave it a wonderful review (and they are often not very complimentary on their reviews) on their opening, so I knew we were in for a treat. I was right.

Now, all day long, I can't get the song "Memory" out of my head!!! The actress that played one of the lead cats "Grizzabella" and sang "Memory" is a native of Duluth area and has just returned after 15 years as a professional actress, singer and dancer. She was fabulous!

We sure enjoyed the evening! I would highly recommend if you like musical theater, that you not miss this production. The reviewer from the newspaper said it was better than the two

CATS productions shown at out DECC over the years, from professional touring companies. The Minnesota Ballet also helped the Duluth Playhouse to bring this performance to us. The show runs through August 5th (next weekend). Get your tickets fast, word of mouth will make these performances sell out fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>