Thursday, December 07, 2006

148th to Deploy more


Day in Infamy
Today is Pearl Harbor Day, the day that The United States entered War World II, after being attacked by the Japanese in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. Pearl Harbor happened before I was born, but I heard a lot about it when I was growing up, as our parents generation are the ones that remember it well and told us about it.

Today it was announced that our 148th Fighter Wing from our Duluth Air Base is being deployed to Afghanistan, Iraq and other locations in the Mideast in early 2007. It will be Duluth’s largest deployment since War World II. The announcement mentioned that the deployment was expected, so guess they were not taken by surprise. God speed to all those that will be leaving and to their families that have to see them go.

When the Doctor’s office called me and told me that I had a test scheduled for December 7, all I could think about was “A day that lives in Infamy”, as President Roosevelt said this day 65 years ago. I even told that to the nurse on the telephone. I felt silly after I said it, but, I guess December 7th is a date that is important to us “Baby Boomers” too.

By the way, this test was successful. It showed on the x ray exactly what my problem is, and I’m waiting for my Dr. to see the x rays, and give me a call tomorrow with a “plan to fix it!” And, I was right, swallowing the Barium drink was much easier than swallowing a tube!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>