Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday Mode

Holiday Mode
OK…I’m now more in the Holiday Mode. I typed my Christmas letter last evening. Today I finished decorating the house with holiday trimmings, everything looks like Christmas now. I even found a new place for my third nativity set, the white ceramic one trimmed in gold. I found the perfect spot, on top of the antique curio cabinet that I had shipped from PA two years ago. It was my Grandmother’s; passed down to my Mother and now I have it. It’s nice to have something really substantial that I see all the time, that came from the farm and from my Grandmother. It may even have been her Mother’s, we aren’t sure. But, it looks perfect in our dining room, and I like the nativity set on top of it. I put away the “East Berlin” treasures I had there.

Now, I have a question for everyone … if I have three nativity sets, and our kids are grown, and the Grandchildren will not be up here for Christmas… and everything looks like the holiday, we really don’t need to have a Christmas Tree, right??? Please comment and let me know your thoughts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course not! That's what you wanted to hear isn't it?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Lois said...

I love my little three foot tree with colorful fiber-optic lights. Of course, I don't have three nativity scenes. The one I have is buried in the attic and there's no way I am going to dig it out! I say, enjoy your nativity scenes!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>