Monday, December 04, 2006

Computer Problems

Linda's Thoughts from Duluth

Computer problems again! Yesterday I renewed our Norton Anti Virus program, which one must do each year, to keep the bad stuff out of the computer. It seems every year I do this, I have problems afterward, our computer locks up, and when I go to re open it, it doesn’t always load up. Then also, I can’t get our e mail. Now, I’m almost afraid to go online, as the Norton tells me it’s working, but we don’t see the icon in the lower right hand corner. Also, when I first click on it, it says it is disabled, then I click “turn on” and then it looks correct….shouldn’t have to do that, it should come on automatically. Of course, when I called the virus company, they don’t want to talk to anyone, we are told to e mail…if you want to talk to an actual person, it costs you money! It’s just ridiculous! I was so frustrated last evening! Before the e mail stopped working I e mailed. Today I checked it from the office here, and the e mail said I would hear from them within 48 hours…. oh my, isn’t that service, I only need to wait 48 hours, when if I had talked to someone at 4 pm yesterday, I would have known the answer! How frustrating.

So, I’m writing my post at my lunch time at work, to get the frustration off my chest!
Maybe I’ll be cooled off enough till I get home tonight, and maybe I’ll call the computer or the cable company, though, I’m sure they will say it has something to do with the anti virus program…they always like to blame it on Norton. My son says, why do you use Norton, he’s heard so many people that have problems with Norton. My answer…it’s what came with the computer, and now I’ve paid for another year’s subscription!

Well, sorry to go on about this…but it does feel better to get it off my chest! Ha ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We quit Norton, it really botched things on my computer.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>