Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just a Little Bit Cooler



I posted this photo in hopes that it would make me feel cooler...

As I’ve probably mentioned before, I don’t take the heat and humidity well. I will say though, that I don’t think I’m the only one in Duluth that doesn’t take it well. This afternoon I went to Target, and it was very crowded there. The lady behind me at the checkout counter commented that it must be busy here because everyone came to get out of the heat into the air-conditioned. I quickly admitted that was why I was there. I took my time, shopping around, picking up needed items, laundry soap, soap, toilet paper, and of course some items that weren’t really needed. But then, I found myself getting very, very warm again and sweaty…oh my, time to quit shopping and get to the air in the car! From there, going the long way, I went to the grocery store, where it was also nice and cool. When I came home, it was hard to be in the hot house. I noticed that the porch was cooler than inside.

About an hour ago we noted that it is a bit cooler. A little bit of a breeze, so I re-opened the windows.

Remember, my pledge about two weeks ago to only drink water, it’s really been hard with this heat to stick to water! I have been drinking a lot of water the last few days, and feel that I’m being really disciplined, because what I really want to drink is “soda” pop, tall glass of coke or diet coke with ice, or a tall glass of iced tea. But, I have resisted, and keeping to the water. I’ve also done well staying away from the Seroogy’s Chocolate bars this weekend. Small steps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>