Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tranquility

Tranquility, peace, calmness, that's what I'm looking for these days.

Tomorrow and Thursday, every staff member in my office, with the exception of me, will be at a meeting in Minneapolis. For some reason, we Administrative Support staff were not included. I’m pretty sure that the other support staff in our region feels as I do. I’m thrilled! I'm happy. I will be all alone…peace, tranquility calmness. Since all the region’s staff are in a meeting, I don’t think the phones will be busy, so it should be nice and quiet! I am having a volunteer come in tomorrow from 10 till noon, to help me with a project, but that’s it! I’ll be the “lone ranger”!

I plan to use the time to get caught up on things, to houseclean my desk area, and to clean the office, re-organize, etc. For some reason, the straightening up of the office seems to fall to me, and it’s hard to find time to keep everything neat when the work load is heavy. It’s been a very hectic year, with no spare time.
I have Daffodil materials to “tuck away” and relay materials to get better organized. I came in on a Saturday and worked 4 ½ hours, just to organize and clean in early January, and it did me a world of good. We took on two new staff the first of the year, and we had to find space for them. Our office is becoming increasingly more crowded. It has been a very hectic year, and I am really looking forward to the next two days. If I get done what I want to get done, it’s going to make the rest of the spring seem much calmer for me.

I’ll report on Thursday night how the days go for me. Hopefully I will be feeling peaceful, calm and tranquil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>