Sunday, March 12, 2006

Fun with Granddaughter


Madelyn (my 5 year old granddaughter) and I have been having fun last evening and this morning. She has just given me a break. She wanted to watch some cartoons, and since we have cable, I found a cartoon station. She is watching it, while I write this. This is a good rest for her, as maybe she’ll fall asleep and take a little nap before they head to the water park later.

Everyone else is off doing their own things, and Madelyn and I had the morning together. I feel guilty that I didn’t take her to Sunday School, but Grandma was just too tired. So I have been playing school with her, it is her favorite thing to do these days. Of course, she is always the teacher. We had some new dot to dot, early reader books, to interest her, and of course for reading class, I read to her.

Bob and Dawn are at the fitness center working out and enjoying time together. Rob and Skylar are at the mall shopping and having lunch. Son-in-law, Bob is visiting his best friend from Duluth that he likes to hang out with.

I wanted to take Madelyn to see the re-make movie “The Shaggy Dog” yesterday. She told me “it is a silly movie about a man turning into a dog” and that she didn’t want to see it! I tried to convince her to go, but to no avail. I was disappointed, because secretly, I want to see it, probably because it is a re-make from my growing up years!

Our son Scott, his girlfriend Sarah, and her parents left yesterday morning for sunny Florida. I’m sure they are enjoying the beach and 80 degree temps this afternoon. They will be there a week. I think they picked a good week to go. With our gloomy, sunless days and forecast of 2 -4 inches of snow for tomorrow, we are all green with envy! We are lucky though, that we did not get the ice and sleet storm that we were to get yesterday.

Duluth and the twin cities weather are notorious for being very snowy and bad on State High School Hockey Tournament weekend. This year we lucked out. Two of our Northland high school teams were in the state tournament. Hermantown took 3rd place and Marshall took 2nd place. We would have liked to have seen one of them take first, but happy that they did well with 2nd and third. We all enjoyed watching them play this weekend, they were good games.

Later this afternoon, we will be going to "The Edge" waterpark to spend the rest of the day
and evening with the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>