Saturday, March 25, 2006

Lots of Fruits and Vegetables


It’s been a busy week, didn’t have much time to write in the evenings. I am sure glad that Saturday is finally here!

I wasn’t planning to go to the Fitness Center today. I called my daughter around 1:00 to see how she was doing, and she asked if I went to the center for my exercise today, and I told her no. Gee, did I get an ear full from her on that subject. I told her I was too tired to go, and she said it would “energize me” and that she would call me later in the day to see if I went. I got off the phone, and started thinking that I didn’t feel like doing anything, and I would be tempted to waste the afternoon away. So, I figured, I really should go, since staying home I wouldn’t accomplish anything anyhow. I went there, I used the treadmill and exercised the water aerobic exercises in the swimming pool, then treated myselt to the hot tub. I must say I felt good when I got home. I was tired, and can't say I got much accomplished after getting home, but it was a good kind of tireness, and I felt good that I am continuing to get back on track.

When I went to the grocery store a few evenings ago, I stocked up on a large bag of lettuce, bag of spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Also, I bought a large container of strawberries and grapes, and bananas. I’ve been eating a lot of salads, fruits and vegetables this week, and less of the sweets. Sometimes in the past, I’ve been known to buy these things, and not eat them and a week or so later, throw them out. BUT, this week I have been eating them! Even Rob has taken to eating more of the salads, and fruits too. I hope my friend that told me that by eating more of these healthy foods, my body will crave less of the sweets, is right. I’m giving it a good try. It’s been a while since I really worked at this, and as I said in Monday’s blog…it’s time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>