Thursday, March 30, 2006

Found: Peace and Tranquility

Well, I told you the other day I was looking for "peace and tranquility" for Wednesday and today when I would be alone at the office. I did get my peace and quiet and tranquility. I also feel peace, because I was able to get caught up on things hanging over my head, from the hectic times. Yesterday, my friend Sally came and helped me with a project that I was behind on. Friends are wonderful, and she said she'd be happy to be on call as a volunteer for when she is needed. It fells good to know that project is up to date, and it was nice to have her company. When I left yesterday, I felt peace and my desk was all cleared off!

Today I was all by myself until noon. My son, Scott, brought us lunch and and we ate together and visited during my lunch hour. I had spent the morning cleaning the office, putting daffodil materials away, organizing relay materials, and trying to get the office looking neater. Scott helped me by lifting heavy things, and helping me to stack some things in a very tall cabinet. Son's are great, it's hard for them to refuse their Mothers. After a nice hour break with him, he went back to his job, and I went back to cleaning. Our tall recycle bin was full by the end of the day and so was the trash basket. Doesn't it feel good to toss things that for some reason pile up. Oh my, when I left at 4:40 I felt so good looking over the "neat" office. I think when the girls come back tomorrow, they will feel the same.

With 8 staff in the office, how long do you think it will stay neat and clean. With a little help from others, maybe until the "heart" of the relay season! Then in Sept. I will be doing the same as I did today!

Tomorrow will be a real good day....AND a bonus... it's FRIDAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>