Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Season is Coming


I am a week late posting the "1st Advent Sunday" post, and even later posting about the concert that has become a tradition to our daughter and me to attend the Friday evening after Thanksgiving. The Lori Line Holiday Concert", pianist Lori Line brings her pop orchestra to Duluth DECC every Friday after Thanksgiving. This was her 15th year. She has been touring for 17 years. It's a great way to get into the Holiday Spirit.

This year, Dawn was not able to come up for the concert. I wasn't going to go, so didn't buy my ticket for the front rows, as soon as they went on sale in August. When the date got closer my husband suggested I should go, as I would miss it if I didn't. I told him I felt that if I went, I needed to share her with someone, maybe someone who has never been to her concert. I thought of many of my friends that I haven't seen for awhile, thinking this would be a good opportunity to get together with an old friend. After calling around on Thanksgiving week, I found an old friend that went with me. She never saw Lori Line, and she was thrilled with the concert, she really enjoyed it. We enjoyed being together, and I enjoyed sharing Lori with an old friend. What a lovely evening!! I am so glad I went, and so glad I was able to share it with an old friend!

PS... oh, I just now noticed that on Nov 27th I did already write about this...oh well, that was before the concert....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>