Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hunting


When I was looking for photos to post, I came across this one, another photo that my Aunt gave me. I believe it was taken in the early 50's. All of the men in my Dad's family were hunters of game, pheasant, rabbits, squirrels and of course, deer. Even the Brother in Laws, who grew up in the city, became hunters. There was a lot more small game back then on the farms, than there is now. I thought of this photo today, since this weekend is the first weekend of Deer Hunting here in Minnesota. My husband is not a hunter. He grew up in the city, but never had any friends here that hunted, so he never took it up. When I hear some wives complain about their husbands hunting, maybe I'm glad. But then again, one of my friends tells how when her husband goes out of town to hunt, she usually gets a new piece of furniture for the house! My Mother was never thrilled with hunting season because all of the relatives and friends from the city would come and hunt with Dad. She always made large meals to feed them too. I know that my Grandma Della, that I post about on this blog did a lot of cooking for hunters too. She really enjoyed cooking for them, even if she let on she didn't...ha ha...she and Grandma both enjoyed cooking for their loved ones!!!

I liked hunting season, because then I saw Uncles and Dad's friends, and I enjoyed helping Mom in the kitchen and sitting around the dinner table listening to them tell stories and talk.

In this photo my Dad on the right with the hunting dog. The other two are my Uncles...(his Brother in Law's who both grew up in the city). They look like a "motley crew" don't they!
This was taken at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the two Grandma's and the picture of Jerry and Daddy!

The good old days!

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>